Our loyal follower Oriana Camish was recently doing some behind the scenes detective work on those 10 edicts which were handed down to Moses by a burning bush and have become the cornerstone of Catholicism, otherwise known as "The Ten Commandments". She very astutely pointed out, "Can you read what is on those stones?" " No." I said...neither can Charlton Heston by the look of things:
Of course, being the investigative bunch that we are at the Donut Directory, we could not let our lack of understanding of "God Speak" or Hebrew for that matter, dissuade our quest for truth.
Hence, I present to you, for the first time in history, the real translation of the 10 Commandments, from now on to be known as " The 10 Commandonuts or Donutments (if you wish)"...
1. I am the Donut-Your God
2. You shall not worship fried dough that takes a form other than donut.
3. You shall not take the name of Donut in vain
4. Remember Sundays are holy-so thou shall eat holey Donuts.
5. Honor your father and mother by bringing them Donuts.
6. You shall not murder a Donut by letting it go to waste.
7. You shall not cheat on Donuts with pies, cakes or tarts!
8. You shall not steal another's Donut- get your own!
9. You shall not speak badly about your neighbors Donuts.
10. You shall not covet your neighbors Donuts, his wife’s Donuts his servants donuts etc.